Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Quotables

Out of the mouths of babes...

Me: You can't play in the crib, because that's where the baby is going to sleep when it is born.
Cal: Where will the other baby sleep?
Me: Avery? She will sleep in her big girl bed.
Cal: No, where will the other baby sleep?
Me: The new baby will sleep in the crib.
Cal: You need 2 cribs for the 2 babies in your belly.
Me: OH NO...only ONE baby is in my belly.
Cal: Then why is your belly so big?
ARGHHHHH


(In the car)
Avery: I need a snack.
Me: You can have a snack at home...what would you like?
Avery: I have cookies.
Me: OK, you can have 2 cookies when we get home.
Avery: Don't you let Santa eat my cookies.
Me: What?
Avery: Please don't let Santa eat my cookies.
Me: OK... promise that Santa won't eat your cookies until Christmas.
Avery: OK...good. Santa eats all the cookies.
(who knew that Santa was such a bad guy?)


(After making a lunch of leftover pizza, pears and carrots)
Cal: This is a great lunch.
Avery: Gweat Wunch
Cal: Michele, you are a great shep.
Avery: Gweat shep.
Me: Do you mean chef?
Avery/Cal: Yes, shep.
Me: Can you say ch-e-FFF?
Cal: You're a good cooker.


Avery: I watch a moo-eee.
Me: OK Avery, what movie would you like to see?
Avery: I watch the "moo-it, moo-it moo-ee"
Me: We watched Madagascar yesterday.
Avery: But, I need to moo-it moo-it (picture Avery shaking her butt while saying this)
Me: Well, I can't deny a girl the chance to move it.


Me: Cal and Avery, we are going to see the butterflies, so you have to be very careful.
Cal: Why?
Me: Because butterflies are very delicate, and we don't want to hurt them.
Cal: What's delicate?
Me: It means that you have to be gentle and careful so that you don't break it.
Cal: Ohhh...like glass or chalk or firetrucks.


(At the ultrasound)
Cal: Why are you putting that jelly on her belly?
Ultrasound tech: Because it helps take a better picture.
Me: Cal, if you watch careful, he will use this camera and we get to see a movie of the baby.
....after a few minutes....
Cal: I'm bored of this baby movie.

3 comments:

JessLitLvr said...

I gotta say, I love the "two babies" quote. You know you want twins! ;)

Mes Yeux Seulement said...

Ha! I love it!

amanda said...

The Santa one is still killing me.