Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Passing Stonehenge

Jenny McCarthy wrote a very realistic depiction of pregnancy in her book "Belly Laughs". One chapter in particular was called "Passing Stonehenge". Just to set your mind at ease...I will not be talking about my constipation issues on here.


Instead, I'll talk about my daughter's.


Seriously...if she does not get the perfect balance of fruit, dairy, protein, and fiber....we're all in trouble. She cries...I cry, and we sit together, holding hands, and praying for her to poop. It's painful to watch, and I'm sure it's even more painful for her to experience. She'll complain about her bottom hurting for about 2 hours, and will need to be held...cuddled...have her belly rubbed, and finally end with another dose of apple juice. Then, she'll come over, with red eyes, and want to hold hands while she gets in a semi-stance and her face turns red. Finally, about 5-10 minutes later, we have blast-off, but not without struggle.


I hate it when this happens. I know it hurts, and I hate it for her. It sucks even more, because there isn't much I can do for her. I mean, I guess I could go "John and Kate Plus 8" and help her pull it out, but I don't know if it's what either of us wants.


Now, that we are both relieved, she won't let me change her diaper...so, the house stinks...arghhh. I don't know how I'm going to get this kid to poop on the potty!


Any suggestions are welcome! Have I turned you off of my blog yet?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Have you talked to her doc about her constipation? I know Sophia is a bit younger but she has issues with pooping too and the doc is slowly linking it to IBS. Great. Could there be a chance she has minute tummy troubles?

And Congratulations and baby number 2!! I'm so excited for you, Book and Avery. Props to you because I told Travis no more kids for a LONG time... like not until Sophia hits kindergarten. :)

Willo said...

Do you give her yogurt daily? I make sure both my kiddos have it every day because it puts good bacteria in the tummy to ward off ickies and help keep things moving. And neither of them have ever had issues. Also, they make individually package prunes called sweet ones. Tucker calls them "giant raisins" and loves em. And with the potty, our method was to let Tucker go naked until he got it. That might be tougher with other kids around, but maybe when you are home alone?