Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sick Sicky Sick...

I've been ill. Really nasty ill. Yesterday, I spent the entire day, from 10am -8pm in the guest bedroom, lying in bed with no lights on and no TV. The only times I got up were for frequent trips to the rest room. It was horrible. Luckily, some folks came to the rescue. Our neighbor across the street (THANK YOU MISSY), was able to take Cal for most of the day, which both Cal and her kids enjoyed. Chris came home from work early, and took care of everything else. You know, something that I never thought of when becoming a stay at home mom, was that there are no such things as "sick days". Usually, I just have to power through and deal, but yesterday was not "dealable". To make matters worse, I've recently "popped", which means that a lot of my organs have shifted upwards, thanks to the baby and my rapidly growing belly. So, let me just say...having your stomach closer to your throat when sick like this is NOT an advantage. It felt like I had horrible heartburn all day, and I couldn't get comfortable. HORRIBLE

After a diet of 4 saltines, 3 bites of Mrs. Grass's soup, and a couple of glasses of water all day yesterday....needless to say, I was weak today. I choked down a couple of crackers today, and finally had a little dry spaghetti for dinner..and I think I might be better by tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll sleep well tonight and wake up raring to go in the morning.

Seriously, my saving grace in this whole ordeal was Chris. He was amazing. He took over everything, and I didn't have to lift a finger. He made lunch for the kids, put Avery down for the nap and to bed, and kept the kids out of my sick room, all while playing nursemaid to me...he was saintly.

This is the second time I've had this stomach flu, and it better be the last, at least during this pregnancy. I can't take this nastiness again.

On a completely unrelated note...Avery is becoming a pretty high-maintenance kid. As I type this, she is laying on the ottoman while Chris rubs her feet. She also requests that I put her blankies in the dryer "to warm it up a lil' bit". Don't get me started on her wardrobe lately. If it doesn't include "soft pants", then don't even mention it. I always said that I wanted a kid with personality...I guess I should be careful what I wish for.

2 comments:

Willo said...

YAY for great a great hubby! I am glad you are feeling better!

tania said...

YUCK, glad to hear you're feeling better! I came down with food poisoning when I was pregnant and was afraid I'd throw up the baby!

p.s. - I laughed out loud when I read that Avery has started requesting that you throw her blankie in the dryer. What a character!