Monday, February 16, 2009

Another Stupid Michele Moment.....

Here are three from grad school at NCSU...

1.) I ran over a curb with my car...and blew out a tire (I wasn't trying to avoid anything, I just wasn't paying attention). I'm a horrible driver.

2.) I made rice krispie treats for my students for Valentine's Day. Because I'm cute and a little sick, I colored them pink and purple and cut them into heart shapes. Well, after using the cookie cutter, there was some leftover "treat", in all pink and purple. I ate the leftovers for quite awhile, until I completely lost track of how much I had eaten. Before long, I felt sick....and more sick...and threw up...pink and purple rice krispie treats. Needless to say....rice krispies don't feel good coming up. I called my mom and blamed her for sending all the way to North Carolina...and making my sick. Yup...I'm ridiculous.

3.) While walking across the brickyard (a big open space made of brick...on the way to the library) at NCSU on a quiet Sunday, I saw a sweet little three legged squirrel with only 1/2 of a tail. I watched it hobble across the bricks, and thought "wow...how swe..." my thought was totally interrupted by a HUGE HAWK that swept down, scooped up the squirrel and flew away. I screamed out loud! I looked at the other 2 people on the brickyard and yelled "I just saw the CIRCLE OF LIFE!" They looked at me like I was stupid, and I stood stupified for a minute until continuing on my way to the library.

1 comment:

Willo said...

I am splitting my seams over the "Circle of Life" story. It is especially funny because I can totally see you doing it...and I love you for it!