Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Quotables...part tres...

This has been a slower week, considering I was holed up for two days. BUT, that doesn't mean that there haven't been some gems in the mix.

This one happened a couple of weeks ago, but I forgot it last week.

Me: Cal, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Cal: A garbage truck man.
Me: Sounds great Cal. Avery, what do you want to be when you grown up?
Avery: I be Avery.
Cal: Do you want to be a ballerina?
Avery: Yeah, I'll be a ballerina.
Me: That's great Av, then we'll come see you dance and bring you flowers.
Cal: That's perfect, because when the flowers go rotten, I'll come and pick them up in my garbage truck.
Me: A match made in heaven.


Me: Hey kids, do you want to watch a movie?
Avery: I'll pick...
(I pick her up and let her peruse the DVD collection. After a few minutes...I start prodding)
Me: How about Monsters Inc?
Avery: Too sca-y
Me: How about Little Mermaid?
Avery: Too sca-y
Me: How about Cinderella?
Avery: Too sca-y
Me: OK Av, which movies isn't too scary?
Avery: Monster's Inc.


(Every night before bed)
Me: Good night Avery
Avery: You.Will.Miss. Me!
Me: Yup...every night.


(While laying in bed, sick)
Avery: You no feel good?
Me: Nope, Avery, Mama's sick.
Avery: (gives me a hug and kiss) Now, you feel better?


Gosh, I love these kids!

1 comment:

Willo said...

Hilarious as always. I particularly like the one about the movies. A similar thing happens here. I suggest a movie and Tucker immediately says, "NO, that has (insert bad guy name here) in it!"