Friday, May 22, 2009

Klompin' Dee



I'm way behind...I admit it. The Holland Tulip Time festival was the first week in May, and here I am...weeks later...finally posting about it.
For those of you that don't know, Tulip Time is a HUGE event around us. While I've only been to the parade (and ate lots of good food), this year, we made our way out to see some good ole' fashioned Dutch Dancing. It was a lot of fun...the costumes were really something to see and the dancing was really interesting!


I have to admit that the real reason that we went to see this fantastic spectacle, was because we know our very own DUTCH DANCER! Chris's stepmother, Denise, participated in this year's alumni dance. They performed every evening for a week (and sometimes twice). I didn't know what to expect...and this really surpassed any expectations that I might have had. There were hundreds of dancers that lined the street and did the same dance. Some were VERY serious, while others seemed to have a lot more fun (Dee included). We were so proud of her, and felt very authentic walking around with her in her costume and eating carnival food after the dancing.
....and the best part about the whole night? CARNIVAL LEMONADE! I could seriously drink my weight in carnival lemonade. I mean..it's equal parts sugar, lemon juice and water...how much better can you get?
Oh yeah...back to the dancing...it was great fun! Here...see for yourself!

No comments: