Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pumping....

nope...not iron. I wish. I should totally be working out more. Instead, this post is about pumping milk. I know..gross right? Well, suck it up, because being hooked up to a pump takes up such a large chunk of my life right now that I can't think of anything else to blog about.
Well, of course, there are my adorable and sweet little girls, and I should blog about them because I know that you would prefer to hear about them instead of my boobs. But...my boobs are the topic today...so deal.

I spend 20 minutes every three hours of every day pumping. That means that I spend about 200 minutes a day pumping hooked up to a machine that extracts milk from my body. Because of this, I have set up a pretty comfy little station upstairs in our bedroom. As I pump, I usually turn on a show from DVR or see what's on TV. The worst times are the times either in the middle of the night or when the DVR remote isn't working, and I can't watch TV. Do you know how long 20 minutes are when you're just sitting there? Well...it's long!
When the TV is working, I've watched hours upon hours of CSI (I LOVE THIS SHOW, and luckily it's on Spike almost all of the time), I've also watched lots of reruns of America's Next Top Model, even though I know how they end. It really sucks when the DVR remote won't work, and I'm stuck watching Wow Wow Wubbzy or some other Noggin show....arghh...and I can't change the channel...double ARGHH!

Other things I do to keep myself busy when the TV doesn't work are:
-Attempt to recall of the winners of ANTM (and runner's up)
Adrienne (Shannon)
Naima (Kaitlyn)
Eva (YaYa)
Nicole (Nik)
Danielle (Joni)
Caridee (Melrose)
Jaslene (Natasha)
Saleisha (Chantal)
Whitney (Anya)
McKey (Samantha)
and...I stopped getting CW, so no more ANTM :(

-Make up recipes in my head (only to fall asleep and forget them)

-Pretend I'm exercising and in turn getting skinny.

-Singing all of the words to various songs. Songs that I tend to sing/hum at night are:
Amazing Grace
Oh Canada
Baby Got Back
and others...

-Daydream about upcoming events
Sean's wedding
Avery starting school
Grocery Shopping
My next haircut

...oh yeah, and sometimes I fall asleep..only to wake up 45 minutes later with really sore boobs.

The End.

No comments: